PM Modi Scholarship: In case you are applying for a PM Modi DESW scholarship, you are in the right area.
In this article, we have briefed the following details:
- what is DESW scholarship
- Who are eligible for the scholarship
- Courses that are available under DESW scholarship
- Documents that are required to apply for the scholarship
- Downloading DESW application form
- Rewards based on merit
- Step by step procedure to apply for a scholarship
- Frequently asked questions
- Procedure to apply for DESW scholarship online
Shri Narendra Modi took his chair as a Prime minister of India, then on the second day chaired his first cabinet meeting of the second term on May 30, 2020. The session began within 24 hours by the council of ministers and an oath was taken in the presence of the President.
The Modi has been the Capitan of the NDA government took forward the meeting with moves towards future success by the PM-Kisan scheme which targets at benefitting around 15 crore farmers also providing a pension for 3 crore traders and retail owners.
This is the very first signed by PM Narendra Modi. But, An order was devoted towards those who sacrifice their lives to protect and defend the nation assisting family members of armed forces, who lost their lives in terror and Naxal attacks.
PM Modi Scholarship 2020-2021 (PMSS Application Form)
About DESW scholarship:
In 1962, the National Defence Fund is all set to reduce cash donations. Till now funds are used only for families of ex-army, Parliament personnel, and Railways protection groups only. But services have been extended to help the police staff and their families too. New scholarships have been provided in this scheme to 5500,2000 and 150 wards/widows of armed forces, paramilitary troops, and army personnel respectively.
Pulwama attack that took place on 14 February this year has caused loss to families many police personnel. Extension of this scholarship has helped the police staff families a ray of hope. Adil Ahmad Dar made a surprise attack by a vehicle-borne suicide bomber towards CRPF jawans reaching towards the Pulwama district of Jammu and Kashmir.
The attack took place on the Jammu Srinagar highway which caused the loss of CRPF jawan lives of 40 Central Reserve Police Force and 35 were injured. Jaish-e-Mohammed stated responsibility for the attack.
About Kendriya Sainik Board (KSB)
The Indian government, Kendriya Sainik Board (KSB) Secretariat, a section of Ex-servicemen welfare, and the Department of Defence are at the control of administration all affairs that belong to this scheme. This Scheme was first established in the year 2006-2007 by the former prime minister, Shri Man Mohan Singh. The program has helped many youngsters to chase their dreams and achieve their goals.
PM Narendra Modi said on the official website that the initiative is taken not only to show being kind to the army personnel but also to improve the health, happiness, and fortune of their groups.
All these changes are brought because the PM’s aim is to protect CRPF nationals from harm or injury, those who protect the nation and is being implemented to provide widows and wards of the deceased/ex-service personnel of armed and paramilitary forces with technical education that will make it possible for them to find work and also aid higher education those who intend for higher studies.
The DESW PM Modi Scholarship which was previously rupees 2000 for boys and 2250 for girls has been increased now by 2500 rupees and 3000 rupees respectively. The new scholarship quota forwards country people with rupees 500 per year. The Ministry of Home Affairs is the head in keeping this in check.
As the police force is also included in this scheme, the children of the person who was killed because of religious beliefs like Tukaram omble who was not first under this scheme will be covered under the plan. This reform is going to help state police force families who lost their lives while fighting terrors or Naxals in state police forces.
Here is the list of conditions that should be required to be eligible for PMSS-
- The Candidates Should be a dependent ward/widow of an Ex-coast guard, Ex-servicemen(ESM), a police force, or railway security personnel.
- The Student should have taken first-year professional courses from the list of courses mentioned below. (Not applicable for lateral entry and integrated courses).
- The applicants should maintain a minimum education qualification to apply for these courses. It could be 10th /12th/Graduation.
- The candidates should get at least 60 percent of marks in their least educational qualification.
- Children of non-armed personnel will not eligible to apply for scholarships.
- A maximum of two children per family is eligible to apply for the scholarship. This must make sure by the heirs and concerned zonal railways/RSPF.
Courses available under this program are BE, BTech, BDS, MBBS, B.Ed, BCA, MCA, B.Pharma. Government authorities such as the Medical Council of India(MCI), All India Council for Technical Education(AICTE), etc has officially certified these courses, whereas master’s degree courses are not eligible for PMSS or RPF.
The following documents should be submitted by the candidates for sure.
- Service certificate distributed by the separate offices of the serving personnel for category-4.
- A photocopy of PPO or Discharge certificate or categories books 1,2 and 3.
- The candidates are required to upload an appropriately attested scan copy of the mark sheet or grade card having a minimum education certificate.
Candidates who are eligible for the Scholarship can apply online on its official website i.e. www.desw.gov.in or www.desw.gov.in/scholarship
The shortlisted list of certified applicants will be able to collect information by Security Directorate, Railway Board, and then submit it to the prime minister of India.
Using the national scholarship portal, Students should Register their name through a valid mobile number. For further process, the Candidate will get an OTP. A maximum of 2 registrations will accept from a single mobile number.
In the National scholarship portal, the candidate can renew the scholarship by providing the application ID during the registration time.
Application Form Download PDF:
By using the below-given application form, Interested Students can register their names by providing application details.
- Students who scored 75% marks in the 12th class will get a scholarship amount of rupees 1000 per month for 10 months.
- Those Students who scored 85% in the 12th class will reward rupees 25000 in total by Central Govt.
- Students who choose a 4 or 5 years course will get a scholarship of rupees 2000 in their 4th and 5th years. (Candidates must score 50 percent in their semester examinations or the scholarship will be canceled).
How to Apply for PMSS Scholarship Online?
Cross-check for eligibility criteria and required documents, candidates can follow the steps below to apply for the scheme.
Step 1: Students must visit the registration page of the PM Modi Scholarship.
Step 2: Then, You will get an application form which is shown in the below figure.
Step 3: Next, Students should click on the Part 1 Section to fill out the application details. After Completion Part 1, Next fill the Part 2 form without mistakes.
Step 4: Then, Enter the Verification Code as shown in the below-given Figure.
Step 5: Finally, Click on Submit Button. Then, You will get a registration ID. Save it for further use.
Frequently Asked Questions:
Q 1: Through which mode I can apply for a DESW scholarship?
Answer: You can apply online or offline depends on the mode of scholarship.
Q 2: What are the PG courses covered under this scheme?
Answer: DESW scholarship makes available MBA and MCA courses
Q 3: What are the PG courses covered under this scheme?
Answer: DESW Scholarship provides MBA and MCA courses.
Programs or schemes like PMSS play an important role in taking the right step by the youth of our country taking a step in the right direction.