NYCHA self service portal provides the following services. They are NYCHA applicants Section 8 tenants and section 8 owners can operate the web portal to view information. The web portal provides transactions online, anytime, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
NYCHA Self service Portal Program and Initiatives:
1. NYCHA initiative supports users in public housing, section 8, Agency, career opportunities to NYCHA resident, or member, applicants.
2. If the user belongs to a NYCHA tenant then one must complete the formalities of login or register at complete annual review, pay the rent, request a transfer, opportunity to connect, and upload documents.
3. A tenant can pay rent online by registering one time or the user can link the bank account and see that the rent is deducted automatically from the user’s account to the owner’s account. The employee can apply online for a non-emergency transfer.
4. To seek guidance on financial counselling, one must approach the NYCHA’s office of resident economic empowerment and sustainability.
5. The user is given the opportunity to upload the documents for annual reviews, transfers, and more.
6. For section 8 voucher holder or tenant one must complete annual recertification, view and reschedule inspections, and request reasonable accommodation (if a household member’s health condition or disability occurs then the section 8 voucher holder can receive reasonable accommodation.
Create an Account at NYUCHA Portal:
1. The user must go to the Nycha SSP portal click on the Register button and make an effort to complete registration.
2. The user should select the User Type given on the screen and click the next Option.
3. Once the Users get the User Form, you need to enter their Name, DOB, email address, and social security number.
3. Once it is done, the web portal shall send a confirmation to the user’s registered email.
4. It can be registered on the person’s name that is represented as the first name for Public Housing/Section 8.
Registration confirmation email:
1. After registration, the web portal delivers a confirmation note to the user’s email address.
2. At times, the email ends up in the spam and one is expected to check in the spam or junk folder.
NYCHA Self-Service Portal Login:
1. Once you complete the registration process, the users should come back to the login page.
2. Users can make sure to provide their User name, Password and access the NYCHA Self Service Portal sign-in page.
Change the Portal Password:
1. An applicant can modify the portal password after registration and the procedure is simple.
2. The applicant must enter the applicant’s dashboard page and must click the user profile link to change the password.
3. The web portal shall provide instructions and one must begin to execute to the standard specifications.
4. Once the changes are conducted, the applicant should click the submit button.
Change the password:
1. On the login page dialog box, one can find the ‘forgot my password link.’
2. The user must click the Forgot my password link and the web portal shall redirect to a new forgot my password dialog box and enter the email address to verify the information.
3. The web portal shall deliver a temporary password to the user’s email address.
4. The user can enter the login to change the password.
Update Phone Number and Email Address:
1. At the time of registration, the user fills out a phone number and email address and if necessary they can be subjected to change.
2. For that, the user must log in to the web portal and on the user’s page, one must click the user profile link.
3. Click the edit button and make necessary changes to the home, cell, and other working phone numbers.
4. The user must present an active email address, it is a direct source of contact and therefore it is mandatory.
Change in the Applicant’s contact information.
1. An applicant may desire to edit the contact information after the completion of the registration.
2. And, the web portal makes it possible by clicking the update button in each section of the contact information. One can update mailing/ home address, phone numbers, etc. After finishing the update, the applicant should click the submit button.
Laid Conditions after Submitting Application Online:
1. An applicant should be aware of a fact that registration of the application alone shall not lead to the offer of housing.
2. The applicant’s information is subjected to review and then given approval.
3. After submitting the details in the online application, it is the responsibility of the applicant to inform on any subsequent changes in income, household composition, or change of address.
4. The applicant must note not to remit the fees towards the processing of the application to anyone.
Also Check: One Walmart GTA Portal Login