NIOS Student Login official web portal is https://sdmis.nios.ac.in/auth. The Students of NIOS can able to sign in to the NIOS Student portal using their valid email address, and password. The basic objective of the National Policy on Education is to establish an independent system that lays down a solid foundation of the educational curriculum followed by an examination that leads to certification.
NIOS Student Login:
1. To make a sign-in to the NIOS Student Login portal, the student should go to the official Portal i.e. https://sdmis.nios.ac.in/auth. The searches show the results in the ‘login to your account web dialog box.
2. The students will have to provide the User name/ email, the password, and make hit on the login button.
3. In case a student forgets the password, then one must go to reset the password and the process is simple.
Reset Password Link:
1. If the students forget the password or reset it online, the student should click the ‘reset the password’ link and the Student Login page.
2. The students can fulfill the Username/ Email and click the submit button.
3. Further, the student should follow the instructions properly and complete the formality of resetting the password.
NIOS Initiates OBE under ‘Sarva Shiksha Abhiyan’:
National Institute Open School (NIOS) began to fulfill the needs of a heterogeneous group of learners till the pre-degree level. Further, the national policymakers appended the project with greater flexibility in the policies and implemented it by CBSE in 1979. These NIOS programmes are specifically designed for first-generation learners, physically, and mentally. In addition, it includes visually challenged learners and the disadvantaged sections of society. The Open School which is run at the national level operates five departments, 23 regional centers, and two sub-regional centers. It incorporates two NIOS cells, and 7400 student centers spread across the country and abroad. In the last five years, the open schooling system has had a cumulative enrollment of 4.13 million.
The Ministry of Human Resource Development, MHRD, has introduced ‘Sarva Shiksha Abhiyan’, SSA that endeavors to provide basic education to children, youth, and adults of India. Open Basic Education, OBE, is an alternative educational program that is equivalent to the elementary education programme dealt with in the formal education system. The Open Education Program, OEP, has introduced all the potential possibilities of the distance education mode, (DEM). A separate provision is made for the children and adults in the OBE program.
The program is open to children of the forteen-plus age group, adolescents, and adults. They belong to A, B, and C levels that are equivalent to classes III, V, and VIII of the formal schooling system.
NIOS offers various courses such as:
- Secondary education courses
- Senior secondary education
- Vocational education courses/programs
- Life enrichment programs.
The children are exposed to a learning process based on the graded curriculum for the children, neo-literates, drop-outs/left-outs, and NFE completers.
OBE Programme Penetrates Deeper Rural Society:
1. The OBE programme is run at study circles and the activities are under the monitorship of 853 agencies selected by NIOS under scrutiny.
2. For the students who are pursuing secondary and senior secondary levels, NIOS allows the students to support CBSE. The OBE students can choose subjects/courses, at their pace of learning and seek credits from CBSE. Thus, encouraging the continued education of the students of Open Schools.
3. An enrolled student will be given nine chances to appear for the course subjects and it is spread over a span of five years.
4. The learner’s credits are accumulated until the needful credit is obtained then pre-degree certification is awarded.
5. The learners’ learning tools include printed instructional material, audio, video programmes, personal contact programme, PCP, and Tutor Marked Assignments, TMA.
6. The study material is made available in English, Hindi and Urdu mediums.
7. In addition, NIOS offers 28 subjects in eight mediums
8. Hindi, English, Urdu, Marathi, Telugu, Gujarati, Malayalam, and Odia) for Secondary Examinations.
Vocational Education Programmes Significant for NIOS:
1. Vocational education programmes are conducted in the areas of Agriculture, Engineering & Technology, Paramedical, Hospitality Management, Life Enrichment programmes, and general services.
2. Essentials of the vocational education programmes are knowledge, skills and entrepreneurship qualities, practicals, and job training in Industrial setup.
3. Open Vocational Education Programmes run most efficiently only when the learners are exposed to practical experience. NIOS collaborates with leading organizations in development sectors like medicine, IT, industries, etc.
Procedure for Admission in Diploma Courses:
1. The student is advised to visit the NIOS website https://voc.nios.ac.in/.
2. The student must reach out to the admission link and click it.
3. Then, the student must select a regular vocational program and select the hospitality course with ITDC.
4. The student is instructed to select the diploma course and then click on the proceed button.
5. The student must fill in the basic details and then generate OTP. Then, one must submit the OTP obtained on the registered mobile and process to the next process.
6. The student must fill in the details like address, academic, etc, and upload the required documents as a source of proof.
Also Read: BSNL ERP portal Login